Five of the six Dakota State University students who competed at the 2023 Future Business Leaders of America National Leadership Conference placed in the top 10.
Dr. Yenling Chang, FBLA advisor at DSU says Events like the FBLA Leadership Conference highlight the potential and promise of the next generation of business leaders.
Chang says whether they won a competition, received an award, learned from the competition process, or earned a leadership position, their success was acknowledged, and is something the students can take pride in.
The five DSU students who placed in the competition include:
- Justice Forster, a Finance major, who earned seventh place in the Foundation of Accounting category and fourth place in Entrepreneurship Concepts.
- Garrett Leiseth, a Management major, who took seventh place in Organizational Behavior.
- Ephrata Yared Feyissa, a Marketing and Management double major, achieved second place in Marketing Concepts and sixth place in Microeconomics.
- Jacob Stricherz, a Computer Science major, secured sixth place in Programming Concepts and fourth place in Computer Concepts.
- Kalani Mangin, a Computer Science and Accounting double major, earned third place in Programming Concepts and third place in Marketing Concep