A home in Madison was damaged by fire on Sunday afternoon. The Madison Fire Department responded to a call of a structure fire in the 300-block of South Garfield Avenue in Madison around 4:45 Sunday afternoon. Madison Fire Chief Randy Minnaert said that the fire was contained to the outside of the home. He said that discarded cigarettes in a bucket started on fire and caught the outside of the house on fire. Minnaert said that just one side of the home was damaged. He said firefighters were on scene for just more than an hour.