Weather Alert

Madison Fire Department responds to fire at Madison home

The Madison Fire Department responded to a call at a residence on South Union Avenue in Madison Wednesday night.  Madison Fire Chief Randy Minnaert said the call came in just before 10:30 Wednesday night at a home in the 200 block of South Union Avenue. He said that the basement of the home was full of smoke after a dehumidifier had caught fire.  Minnaert said that firefighters were on scene for around an hour.  He said they were able to contain the fire to the utility room where the dehumidifier was located, but that there was extensive smoke damage to the home.  



Connect With Us