The Madison Fire Department responded to a couple of calls on Monday afternoon.
Fire Chief Randy Minnaert said that just after 1:00 Monday afternoon, firefighters responded to a report of a fire on a garage south of Madison on 455th Avenue. Minnaert said that the fire on the side of the garage and in some nearby grass was started by sparks caused by the wind slapping power lines together near there. He said there was minimal damage to the garage and firefighters were on scene for around a half hour.
Firefighters were then called to a location southwest of Madison just after 4:00 Monday afternoon for a fire in a tree pile. Minnaert said that the tree pile had been burned around a month ago and the fire was re-ignited by the wind on Monday. He said the fire did not spread and firefighters were on scene for around an hour.