Fire damages Madison home

Fire damaged a home in Madison on Saturday night.  

The Madison Fire Department was called to a report of a fire in a home in the 300-block of North Chicago Avenue in Madison just after 9:00 Saturday night.  Fire Chief Randy Minnaert said that the fire started in the wiring in the house, with the report coming in as an electrical outlet in a wall that was on fire.  He said that firefighters saw heavy smoke when they arrived on scene Saturday, and the fire burned up the walls of the home and through the roof.  Minnaert said that the house was heavily damaged.  Firefighters were on scene for more than two-and-a-half hours.  


December 28, 2022