The Dakota State University chapter of Delta Mu Delta inducted new members this spring. Delta Mu Delta is a National Honor Society for business students with a GPA of 3.20 or above. Students must have completed two years in the major at the end of the current school year. There were six students inducted this year – Marcus VandenBosch, Tate Schwader, Jacob Joachim, Courtney Menning, Caleb Schneider, and Madelin Smith.
Inductees are lifetime members. Members of Delta Mu Delta can apply for scholarships and include the achievement on their résumés. The group also provides continued networking opportunities for members throughout their careers.
More on the six students inducted into DSU’s Delta Mu Delta chapter:
- Jacob Joachim, Professional Accountancy major graduating in spring 2023. He was named vice president of DMD. He is also a track and field athlete.
- Courtney Ilene Menning, Business Administration – Management major graduating in spring 2023. She was named secretary of DMD. She is also a basketball and track & field athlete, golf team captain, a part of the Captains Council, and a member of the English Lit Club.
- Caleb Schneider, Business Administration – Business Technology – Project Management major graduating in spring 2023. He is also involved with intramural sports, is an Esports coordinator and varsity esports athlete, and is on the Captains Council.
- Tate Schwader, Business Administration – Business Technology major graduating in December of 2023. He was named treasurer.
- Madelin R. Smith, Business Administration – Marketing major graduating in spring 2023. She was named president of DMD. She is also vice president of the Photography Club, vice president of PBL, a DSU College Leader, DSU Student Employee of the Year, and South Dakota Student Employee of the Year.
- Marcus VandenBosch, Professional Accountancy major who graduated Spring 2022. He was involved in football and was a 3-time captain and 4-time All-Conference.