Crime Stoppers USA is the recognized Regional Member of Crime Stoppers International and the national Crime Stoppers organization that spans the United States to build a network of local US programs that work together to help prevent and solve crime in communities and schools across the nation.
Our Vision is to establish Crime Stoppers as the Premier Community Based Crime Solving Program in the United States. Our Mission is to develop Innovative Resources and partnerships that promote Crime Stoppers throughout the United States.
Our Goals include:
- Supporting existing community and school Crime Stoppers programs.
- Encouraging and assisting the growth of community and school Crime Stoppers programs throughout the United States.
- Helping Crime Stoppers be the most cost effective crime solving tool for law enforcement.
- Building a strong communications network among US Crime Stoppers programs, law enforcement, and the general public.
Why Be A Member?
Membership benefits of Crime Stoppers USA will include but not be limited to:
- Affiliate membership of Crime Stoppers International.
- Guidance of Richard Carter, Crime Stoppers USA, Director of Legal Services.
- Ability to purchase liability insurance at a substantially reduced rate which is available only to Crime Stoppers USA member programs and have access to other types of insurance, including Directors & Officers policies, at reduced rates to meet your program’s needs.
- Access to the new Crime Stoppers USA web site members only area and the on-line directory for networking with other programs; access to web training for new board members and coordinators, resource development ideas, promotional ideas, and the new electronic newsletter.
- Inclusion in the list of accredited Crime Stoppers USA member programs on the Crime Stoppers USA and CSI web sites.
- Personal emails to your program when new issues arise.
- Inclusion in national strategies such as promotional, fundraising, regional training and legislative initiatives.
- Personal contact from a Regional Director elected or appointed in your area.
- Ability to address telecommunication issues such as cost, receipt of unwanted and missed calls, participate in the nationwide 800 number project which now covers approximately 76 million people in over twenty two states across the nation.
- Voting on Crime Stoppers USA issues and elections.
We look forward to your Crime Stoppers program becoming a part of your national organization to promote the success of Crime Stoppers throughout the United States. We appreciate your membership and your participation.